Friday, February 5, 2010

Waka Flocka Flame Discusses 'Rumors'



Waka Flocka Flame is home recuperating from a gunshot wound he suffered last month, but the 23 year-old said he's about to get back in the lab to finish a record called "Rumors," which has turned out to be pretty prophetic.

"They can't hold me down, they can't stop my shine/ They can't block my grind," he raps defiantly on the track.

"I made 'Rumors' probably like a month before I got shot," Waka said earlier this week in his home, right on the outskirts of Atlanta. "I always hear the craziest rumors about me — I got shot, I got robbed. I died. Just crazy stuff. They kidnapped my daughter, kidnapped my kids. Man, I ain't got no kids, period. ... I was like, 'Damn, I need to make a song about that.' I made one verse. Then I was like, 'Man, I ain't finnin' to talk about no haters.' To me, more people love me than hate me. I gotta focus on them. I'm hot. That's how I felt. Then I ended up getting shot for real. 'Rumors,' I'm gonna focus on that right now, drop that. Set that up for my next single. I'm gonna grand-slam that."

Of course, Waka's current single is "O Let's Do It." It's a street anthem that is lighting up the clubs and mixtape circuit.

"I did 'O Let's Do It' about a year and some months ago, on my first [street] CD, Salute Me or Shoot Me, Volume 1," he said about the record. "My mama, she heard all the songs I ever recorded. She said, 'I like that song. That song is gonna go.' "

Flocka's mom knows a few things about hit records. She manages him, Gucci Mane, OJ Da Juiceman and Nicki Minaj. Waka, though, wasn't into the cut and had reservations about pushing the song. Obviously, his mom won.

"When I made the song, I felt I messed my money up," he said about the record's meaning. " 'O Let's Do It' means any way you wanna do it. You wanna fight, you wanna pow-pow? You wanna bite, scratch, arm-wrestle? O, let's do it."

Although MCs from Ludacris to Lil Wayne have jumped on "O Let's Do It," making unofficial remixes, the real remix features Diddy, Rick Ross and Gucci Mane. The track came out Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment