Friday, August 20, 2010

Wiz Khalifa Turns Down Drake's Offer To Join His 'Light Dreams And Nightmare' Tour

The Young Money rapper reached out to MTV's 2010 Hottest Breakthrough Artist in the hopes he would join his 'Light Dreams and Nightmare Tour',

"If Wiz by any chance watches this, you gotta make some calls for me and make this happen," Drake told MTV. "We got that young energy right now, we need to go out here and kill these people."

Wiz got the massage and says no thanks according to XXL due to his own tour.

Just the fact of cuz even extending his hand and me being on his radar is tight, to me,” he said. “It just lets me know that I’m doin’ what I need to be doin’ as far as stayin’ relevant and stayin’ poppin’. But I think to keep me poppin’ and keep me relevant I gotta stay buildin’ on top of what I’m doin’ and what I been doin’. No disrespect to cuz or anybody else who might wanna see me do some more collaborative things, but to keep buildin’ and keep my brand as strong as what it is, I gotta keep focusin’ on what it is. This is my first tour that I got comin’ up, the Waken Baken tour, I gotta at least kick that off and make that it what it is so we can do ten more."

Drake's tour features Bun B and Clipse as opening acts, certainly it could have been a good look for Pittsburgh's Wiz, but the timing just isn't right. Wiz did say that he would like to meet and hang out with Drizzy soon.

I really want to meet him and chop it up with him,” he said. “I wanna meet him, chop it up, smoke one with him and who knows what could happen. But it’s all positive right now," Wiz said.

No comments:

Post a Comment